HP Officejet 3833 is an inkjet multifunction printer. It has office centric features but it is more suitable for a home office or a small office. HP Officejet 3833 supports both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct. But ethernet option is not available. However, being an office centric printer, it has an Automatic Document Feeder. It also supports Fax and Cloud printing. It also performs fast and high quality photo printing.
Support for mobile printing is an added advantage where in you can connect your printer to the internet. Also the ability to print through a Wi-Fi access point on your network from Android, iOS, Google Chrome, Windows, Amazon Kindle and Blackberry smart phones and tablets. HP Officejet 3833 is light weight, portable and compact.
HP printer driver software can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 3833.
HP Officejet 3833 printer supports the following methods to connect to a wireless network.
• HP Auto Wireless Connect
• Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
• HP Wireless Setup Wizard
• USB setup of Wireless
To enter this setup, type 123.hp.com/setup 3833 in your browser.
You have to setup your HP Officejet 3833 printer online. During printer setup, you may get any of the following messages:
• Finish Setup Online
• Online Setup Process
• Online Setup Progress
For Finish Setup online message, you have to complete the setup process by going to the link 123.hp.com/setup 3833. For this open any browser from your computer or mobile device and type 123.hp.com/setup 3833 or 123.hp.com/oj3833 as url.
Online Setup Process means, the device is trying to configure the printer. It will show the network name in which you have joined.
Online Setup Progress means you chose to enroll in the HP Instant Ink service. You have to finish the enrollment process . When the printer receives enrollment confirmation, this screen will automatically change.
The following steps needs to be performed.
Step 1: Download and run the HP printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 3833 or 123.hp.com/oj3833
i) Go to 123.hp.com/setup 3833
ii) Click the download button.
iii) Follow the instruction onscreen to complete the HP instant ink enrollment.
iv) You have a choice to either enroll or opt out of the enrollment.
Step 2: Complete the printer setup
Finish the installation process using the control panel and prepare the printer to print. During this process, you come across some of the following messages.
1. Message :-‘ Finish Setup Online : 123.hp.com/setup 3833 ‘
It gives details about how to go to the url 123.hp.com/setup 3833 . From the bottom of the control panel , touch More.
2. This takes you to the manual setup screen.You can also go to 123.hp.com/oj3833
3. Touch Network from there.
4. Follow the on screen instructions on the control panel to complete the installation process.
1. Message : ‘Online Setup Progress: The Device is configuring this printer’
2. On the printer control panel, touch the Help (?) icon.
The web Services help screen displays.
3. Select No Web Services and then OK.
1. Message : ‘ Online Setup Progress : You have Chosen to enroll in HP instant ink’
2. Continue to the next step if you want to enroll in the HP instant ink services.
3. If you would like to opt out, do not continue with the steps.
Step 3: Enroll in HP instant ink
To enroll for HP instant ink, you have to sign up on the HP instant ink website.
1. Connect your printer to the internet.
2. Go to the website https://instantink.hpconnected.com
3. Click sign up. You will be led to a page for enrollment.
4. If you do not have a HP account, create a new account.
5. If you already have an account, sign in to your account.
6. Select you plan for enrolment and click Next
7. Turn on Web Services on your printer to get the printer claim code.
8. Type the printer claim code in the claim ode text field. The claim code is case sensitive.
9. The validity of the claim code is only 24 hours.
10. If the claim code expires, turn off and on the web services to get a new printer claim code.
11. Follow the instructions on screen to successfully enroll for the service.
1. Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on the printer.
2. Turn on the Wi-Fi connection in the computer.
3. Connect to a new network from the computer. This is using the same method to connect to a new wireless network or hotspot. Choose the Wi-Fi Direct name from the list of wireless networks shown such as DIRECT-**-OfficeJet-3833. You will be prompted for the W-Fi Direct password. Please enter the same.
4. Go to next step if the printer has been installed and connected to the computer over a wireless network. If the printer has been installed and connected to your computer with a USB cable, follow the steps below to install the printer software using the HP 3833 Wi-Fi Direct connection.
5. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
• For Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in lower left corner of the Start screen, select the printer name, and then click Utilities.
• For Windows 8: Right-click an empty area on the Start screen, click All Apps on the app bar, select the printer name, and then click Utilities.
• For Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All Programs, click HP, click the folder of your printer.
6. Click Printer Setup & Software -> Connect a new printer.
• When the Connection Options software screen appears, select Wireless. Select your Officejet 3833 printer software from the list of printers displayed.
• Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. Now your Hp Officejet 3833 setup is ready to print.
Software updates can be done regularly by visiting 123.hp.com/oj3833
Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on the printer.
1. Turn on Wi-Fi on your Mac ( Please refer to your computer’s user manual for details)
2. Click the Wi-Fi icon and choose the Wi-Fi Direct name, such as DIRECT-**-OfficeJet-3833. You will be prompted for the W-Fi Direct password. Please enter the same.
3. Add the printer. Follow the below steps for adding the printer.
• Open System Preferences .
• Click Print, Scan & Fax or Printers & Scanners , whatever option is available on your operating system.
• Click (+) in list of printers at the left.
• Select the printer from the list of detected printers and click Add.
Changing the Network Settings
You can manage the wireless connection of your printer and also perform many other tasks related to network management, from the control panel of the printer. From the control panel of the printer, you can set up and manage your printer wireless connection and perform a variety of network management tasks. Some of these tasks are displaying and changing network settings, restoring the network to default settings and turning on/off of the the wireless network.
Though the options for advance settings like link speed, IP settings, default gateway and firewall settings are given, it is not recommended to change any of it, unless you know what that means. It is a network administrator’s job to change the settings if required.
You can see your network settings in the network configuration page. To print it:
1. From the Home screen, touch Wireless -> Settings .
2. Touch Print Reports -> Network Configuration Page.
A wireless network has a router which sends signals wirelessly. The devices need not be connected physically to the router. The wireless enabled devices such as computer, printer etc can be connected to the wireless network and exchange information. This network is called a wireless infrastructure network.
Wireless routers also provide ports to connect wired devices such as computers and printers physically. An Ethernet cable is used to connect the device to the router.
Apart from the convenience of connecting a device without a physical cable, there is no difference as such. If the connection type is wired or wireless, these devices will be connected to the same network. In the same network, some devices can be connected using an Ethernet cable to the router whereas some other devices can be connected wirelessly. Irrespective of the connection, they can communicate each other.
Windows and Android work with WPS, whereas some later versions of blackberry also works with WPS. However, Apple’s Mac OS X & iOS , Linux and windows phone does not support WPS.
A PIN should be used on the wireless router to enable WPS connection. Even if you never use the PIN, the wireless router generates it. This WPS PIN is very insecure and has a security loop hole. Hence it is highly vulnerable to brute force attacks.
hp123support.com is a third party service provider who provides support in installation and configuration of printers, computers and peripherals. We have no agreement with HP or any other brands mentioned in our website unless expressly specified. We do not provide any warranty or service coverage for any products or any brands mentioned in our website.